Sunday, December 7, 2008

MOM and DAD!!!!

I would have to say that I am thankful for having both a mom and dad. A couple of my friends was talking about only having a mom and only having a dad, and I was feeling real greatful for having both of my parents. It wasnt always like that for me though, I was once without a dad and it wasnt because he didnt want to be there for me it was because my mom moved when I was young. Before meeting him in 2001, I always felt left out when it was parent day at my school and everyone had both of their parents, and I only brought my mom. It didnt effect me till I was older, whenever I would play basketball, I would just look in the crowd and just see my mom sitting by herself or be at awards and she would be sitting with my sister. I just wanted the feeling of calling someone dad or maybe having a pop and son day where we could watch sports and chat about it. I couldnt complain though because my mom was my dad too. Fathers day was her day, i aways took her out to eat and gave her flowers. She always tried to talk about basketball with me, it was funny because somethings she said was just kind of off, one thing that she did know was how to deal with things that a dad was suppose to do like talking about sex and how that goes down and what to do. When I met my dad in 2001, it was everything I could of ask for because he was everything I thought a dad would be. He was alwasy there for me when I needed things or someone to talk too. We talk about my games what I did wrong and what I did good, So I consider my self very very lucky.

No comments: